RISK STATEMENT It should be recognised that sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking park in the sessions you agree and acknowledge that:
- You and your child are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and you accept responsibility exposing yourself to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the session;
- You and your child will comply at all times with the instructions of the OOD and / or instructors, particularly with regard to handling of boats, wearing of buoyancy aids and the wearing of suitable clothing for the conditions;
- You and your child accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by your own negligence;
- You and your child will not participate in the session whilst your ability to skipper or crew a dinghy is impaired by alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate;
- The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, as can be practically provided in the circumstances;
- You and your child are aware of any specific risks drawn to your attention by the Open Day OOD / instructor;
- You and your child understand that the Club provides rescue facilities, supervision and control only during the sessions.
- The minimum age for taking part in a training course is 8 years old.
- CLOTHING I undertake to ensure that he/ she will attend the Dabchicks sailing club activities suitably clothed.
- WATER CONFIDENCE I declare that the above named is water confident.
You understand that the Club may cancel or postpone any session at any stage in the event of bad weather, equipment failure or otherwise.
You understand that the Club may exclude anyone from a particular session and evict anyone from the premises.
I understand and agree that my child may be photographed or filmed by the Club or its agents and the images used for promotional or training purposes and waive any copyright.
I understand that the Organising Authority will hold and use our personal data for the purpose of the event. Further information can be found in the Club’s privacy statement