Dabchicks Dinghy Hire
Please select the boat you wish to hire to check availability. Payment is made by debit/credit card/PayPal account via PayPal. Please ensure you read the terms & conditions of hire. These dinghies are for the shared use of all club members, please do not book more than three sessions in advance.
Pico/Feva/Optimist Kit is located in the Sail Locker.
Current Sail Locker Code: 8989
To maintain best security, please thoroughly scramble the code on both padlocks when left unattended.
Terms & Conditions
IMPORTANT: By hiring a Dabchicks Dinghy online you are agreeing to the following conditions of hire.
- All bookings are non-refundable.
- Bookings may be made up to 24 hours in advance although bookings for open regattas (i.e. Mersea Week, Cadet Week etc.) should be booked at least two months in advance with the Club Manager.
- Dinghy hire is available to all Members of Dabchicks Sailing Club, under 18’s with consent of a Parent/Guardian and under supervision of a Parent/Guardian or Coach.
- The boats are insured but the member hiring the boat is responsible for any damage up to £250 for any one incident and for any damage not covered by insurance.
- The end time of each session includes the boat being packed up and returned to its designated storage location.
- The dinghies are stored in the club dinghy park. Boats must be promptly returned to their spaces after use.
- Pico mast sections and the Optimist, Pico and Feva sails and foils are to be neatly returned to the sail locker after use.
- Buoyancy aids MUST be worn by helm & all crew at all times when on the water.
- A mast float MUST be attached to the top of the RS Feva mast whilst the boat is in use.
- In addition, if a member has booked a dinghy for use on for a series of days (e.g. Cadet Week, Mersea Week):
a) The dinghy MUST be promptly de-rigged, returned to usual storage space and covered each day sail is concluded.
b) If coming ashore at midday/for breaks, the sails must be lowered and secured if unattended.
- In all cases: Any breakage or fault must be reported, as soon as practicably possible to the Bosun, Tony Hawkes by call or text 07859 420550