Important Dates for 2019 Series
1st March – Applications Open
31st March – Applications Close
6th April – Boat Inspections
24th April – New Season Briefing
27/28th April – Diamond Fleet @ Blackwater
1st May – Safety Briefing
8th May – First night on water!
All key documents can be found on our downloads page in the Sunset Series area, including the following:
- Support Boat Insurance Form
- Galley Order Form
- Safety Plan – Sunset Dinghies
Blackwater Weekend 2019 Booking (Diamond Fleet Only) Now Closed
START TO SAIL FOR CHILDREN
Held at the Blackwater Sailing Club LAKE, Heybridge Basin, Maldon, Essex
Saturday 27th April and Sunday 28 th April 2019
Start Time 9:30am and/or 1:00pm
Aims of the Blackwater Training are: –
1) To introduce children to sailing on a small and manageable area of tide-less water.
2) To start the Dabchicks seasons instruction for beginners (Diamond* Fleet).
Sessions will be fun, safe and are primarily designed to boost confidence.
Entry is open to all Optimist beginners with a confirmed place in the Sunset Series in their first year.(Diamond Fleet).
The Blackwater training will be divided into four sessions:
Two sessions on Saturday 27th April and Two sessions on Sunday 28th April.
This year both days are for the Diamond Fleet OPTIMISTS ONLY)
- Boats must be insured for third party risks.
- Boats must have been inspected at the Sunset Boat inspection with all issues identified having been resolved before the first session.
- Boats may be left at the lake overnight if sailors are doing both days.
- Boats are left at the boat owner’s own risk.
- At least one parent/guardian must be in attendance with their child for the full duration of all the sessions. Children cannot be left unaccompanied at any time.
Cost will be £6 per child per session. (i.e. £12 per day per child, Total £24 for whole weekend) (Each child needs a separate application form)
For further information Contact:
Jane Richardson 07852 930289; or Lucy Milgate 07794 687140
Or Sunset Series Chair, Chris Burr 07876 417146